- This event has passed.
Online Suicide Bereavement Digital Conference: Practical Applications
September 13 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Harmless is proud to announce our third Suicide Bereavement Conference taking place online via Zoom. Join our remote sessions to learn more.
About this event
This year we are charging conference places at £60 per head. As a small service ourselves, we want to ensure that our conference remains as accessible as we can for as many people as possible. Our £60 charge offers value for money for quality expert speakers in the field of suicide prevention/postvention, allowing us to recuperate a small amount of the overall administration cost for the conference, to go back into our services.
In addition, we are offering a small number of free places on a first-come-first served basis through sponsorship. To apply for a free conference place, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application form. All applications will be considered by Harmless Management. Please note that all applications must be submitted to us no later than deadline: Friday 19th August 2022.
The theme of our conference is. Practical Applications: Working with Overlooked Communities
Every Tuesday and Thursday between 6th of September – 29th of September 2022, Harmless will be hosting a live online webinar session (10:00-11:00am) with an expert in the field of suicide bereavement. This unique CPD-accredited conference will be held online over 8 short sessions to allow you to join in flexibly at however many sessions you’d like.
The field of suicide bereavement is a particularly specialist area. When we start talking about suicide it can be surprising how many others have a story to tell. So many of us are impacted by suicide either through the tragic loss of a loved one, someone we once worked with, someone in our community, a patient, or someone very supportive. Everyone has a story.
We are hosting our third online Suicide Bereavement conference to examine the practical application of working in the field of suicide bereavement, split over 8 live webinars during the month of World Suicide Prevention Day.
The programme is designed to help those of us working with anyone impacted by suicide to improve our knowledge, skills and understanding in relation to suicide bereavement. Delegates can expect to take away from the conference a range of knowledge, inspiration and practical applications for the implementation in real life personal and professional situations. Learning from some of the leaders in the field, delegates will have access to interactive sessions that can drive change in the field of suicide bereavement.
Introducing our confirmed speakers and sessions…
• Domestic Homicide Review and Suicide Bereavement--Christine Graham & Sarah Kessling (Christine Graham Consultancy & Harmless)
• Suicide Bereavement in the military: #AskTwice programme – Leanne Moulton & Tom Garrett (Harmless and The Tomorrow Project)
• Suicide Bereavement in the farming community – Phillip Wilson (The Farming Community Network)
• Considering specific time periods surrounding loss – Dr. Alexandra Pitman and Yanakan Logeswaran (UCL Division of Psychiatry, University College London)
• Postvention in education – Clare Baxter (East Leake Academy)
• Neurodiversity and Suicide Bereavement – Dr. Sarah Cassidy (Associate Professor School of Psychology University of Nottingham)
• Suicide in ethnic minority populations: what do we know? Dr. Duleeka Knipe (Vice Chancellor’s Fellow, University of Bristol)
We have more speakers coming soon.
- Date: September 13
Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- View Event Website
Asansol, West Bengal 713301 India
- View Organizer Website
Asansol, West Bengal 713301 India
September 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am